Thursday, August 6, 2009

Beginning the Step By Step Sweater - First Video

Went by Hobby Lobby to buy yarn, and found that they do have the Ultimate Sweater Machine there plus the Innovations machine (I'm not familiar with that one) plus the Singer knitting machine (I've played with it; toy-like). There's a 40% off coupon available that their website, but it expires tomorrow.

I put up the first video this evening on the step-by-step process to make a child's sweater. This is also beginner level knitting. This first video is about how to read yarn labels, choose the yarn, and get it prepared to thread the machine. I show a couple of popular yarn winders, and then I show the extremely low-tech method of winding on a broomstick to create a round, center-pull ball. After that, I show stripping the yarn into a bucket instead of winding.

More about your shopping tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ld3YdXM4lY

No comments:

Post a Comment