Sunday, June 2, 2013

Busy, busy, buzz, buzz...

Sometimes my husband says "busy, busy, buzz, buzz" when I'm running around doing all sorts of things.

And, that's what I'm doing this weekend.  We printed and bound the handouts for Northern Virginia, and I'm so happy with them!  I have my two days all planned, and stuffed plenty of nice little extras in the book. 

I've also been doing all sorts of little things related to the seminar and the knitting biz in general this weekend, including trying to put up a new video (YouTube is NOT cooperating; I think that needs to wait for another day), trying out a new pattern, and answering email.

Because of an email I got from a mom who is learning to knit with a young child underfoot, I got to thinking about an old favorite pattern of mine.  Anybody remember this one?  This is my English Rib Child's Sweater pattern.

I like easy kids' patterns, because you need to make 'em clothing fast before they're outgrown! This little pattern is just four rectangles.  My friend Barbara dressed this one up for her granddaughter by using a very pretty variegated for the yoke only (plus a little crochet along the neckline and a matching hair scrunchie).

If you're in the mood for a quick kid's sweater, look for the pattern here:

http://www.knitnatters.com/Child's_English_Rib_Sweater/Child's_English_Rib_Sweater.htm

Want to learn to make the hair scrunchie?  The cute little girl in the photo can show you how...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTd3DYFZRI0

No comments:

Post a Comment